ATTENTION: The American College will be performing scheduled network maintenance on Saturday July 23rd from 7pm to 11pm ET. During this time, all College systems will be unavailable.

Financial Education for Securities, Banking, & Insurance Professionals.

Continuing Education FAQs

What courses are approved for CE in my state and how many credit hours are they worth?
Many of the programs at The College qualify for state insurance Continuing Education. Follow the links below, organized by program at The College, to obtain recent CE credit information by course. Understand that this information changes frequently, and while we will do our best to provide current data, it is your responsibility to verify CE credits with your state.

CE Grids by Program
*No CE is granted for students enrolled in CLF® or MSM courses.

How do I get credit hours for American College courses reported to my state?
In order to comply accurately with state requirements for processing CE, The American College takes the following approach:
  • When CE is requested, applicable filing fees for the states that require them will be paid by The College.
  • When CE is requested, applicable filing fees for the states that require them must be paid. When a passing grade is achieved, CE credit will be reported and filing fees paid in accordance with state regulations. If a student is late in requesting that CE be filed and the state charges a late processing fee as a result, that fee will be passed on to the student.
  • When CE is declined, no fees will be assessed, completion of the course will not be reported to the state, and CE certificates will not be issued to the student.
  • If you are currently enrolled in courses and want CE reported to your resident state but did not select CE when registering, please contact a Professional Education counselor at 888-263-7265, M–F 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
How long does it take to have CE credits reported to my state?
If CE was requested at course registration, credits will be reported in two weeks or less or within state guidelines if less than two weeks from the date of the exam. Most states have an electronic reporting system which means the credits will appear on the student's transcript shortly after being reported. Credits reported by paper roster will take longer, allowing for delivery time and manual processing by the state or CE vendor. Many states require paper rosters to report course completions that are outside the reporting allowance period. Paper rosters--whether mailed or faxed--are always processed in the order received regardless of the expiration date of individual licenses.
Does my state require a CE processing fee? How much?
The College will pay your CE processing fees in any state that requires a processing fee as long as CE was requested at the time of your course enrollment.
Has my course been reported to my state? What is my license number? What are the agent/producer license renewal requirements for my state?
It is your responsibility as a license-holder to know your state's CE requirements and procedures. Visit the Department of Insurance website for your state to obtain this information using the links provided.

Choose a state to see your states requirements and procedures

What are the CE requirements (PACE) for my American College designation?
PACE Recertification is a requirement for CLU®s and ChFC®s who matriculated after June 30, 1989, and for all CLF®s, CAP®s, and CASL®s. It is also mandatory for anyone who elects to participate voluntarily by signing the PACE Consent Form.

Click here for requirements, fee information, and forms.
Is The American College an approved sponsor for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CE?
The American College is an approved sponsor for CPE for "group live seminars" programs only. Some individual state CPA boards will accept our self-study courses, but the student must present the proof of satisfactory completion (i.e., grade report) directly to the governing body for approval. The American College will not issue certificates of completion for courses that are not group live.

Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP (with flame logo)® in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP® Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.

The American College does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, and CFP(with flame logo)® certification marks. CFP® Certification is granted solely by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to individuals who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP® Board-Registered Program, have met ethics, experience, and examination requirements.


Contact Us

Phone: 888-263-7265

Hours: M–F 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET

Online: Use Our Online Form

Programs of Study
Centers of

Insurance Education

Registered Health Underwriter®

(Health Insurance)


Chartered Healthcare Consultant®

(Healthcare Specialty)


Registered Employee

Benefits Consultant

(Employee Benefits)


Chartered Leadership Fellow®

(Field or Agency Leadership)


Life Underwriter Training

Council Fellow

(Insurance Skills)


Chartered Life Underwriter®

(Insurance Specialty)

Financial Planning

Chartered Financial Consultant®

(Advanced Financial Planning)


Certification Education

(Financial Planning)


Chartered Advisor for

Senior Living®

(Retirement Income Education)


Financial Services Specialist

(Financial Services Basics)


Chartered Advisor

in Philanthropy®



Retirement Income

Certified Professional

(Retirement Income)

Graduate Degrees

Master of Science in Management

(Executive Leadership)


Master of Science in

Financial Services

(Advanced Financial Planning)