ATTENTION: The American College will be performing scheduled maintenance on our registration site Saturday, April 30th from 6am to 12pm. During this time, the registration site will not be available.
Course materials can still be accessed through the Blackboard system.
Financial Education for Securities, Banking, & Insurance Professionals.
Student Outcomes January 2006 Through February 2016
The American College of Financial Services has offered professional designations in the financial services field since it first began offering the Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) designation in 1927. The College has offered graduate degree programs since 1974 and began offering a PhD in Financial and Retirement Planning in 2013.
SOLOMON S. HUEBNER SCHOOL
The Huebner School offers nine professional designations for agents and advisors working in the financial services industry and an educational program qualifying students to sit for CFP Board’s national exam. Students may take a single course, a full program, or multiple programs. Program completion rates reflect those student preferences as well as the rigorous nature of the coursework.
- Huebner School designation programs range in scope from 3 to 9 courses. Aggregate first-designation completion rates vary by designation from 29.2 percent to 70.2 percent for students who entered The College between 2006 and 2010.*
- The overall first-designation completion rate for all Huebner School programs is 30.6 percent.
- Over the past 5 years, the CFP® certification exam pass rate for students who have completed The College’s CFP® education program has consistently exceeded the national average for all other providers.
IRWIN GRADUATE SCHOOL
Admission to The College’s graduate programs requires advanced professional experience. Graduation rates (and program completion rates for the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® designation) reflect the expertise of students accepted into these programs as well as the level of academic support provided.
- The Master of Science in Management (MSM) has an aggregate graduation rate of 95.6 percent for students who enrolled in the program between 2006 and 2013.
- The Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS) has an aggregate graduation rate of 85.8 percent for students who enrolled between 2006 and 2008.*
- The completion rate for the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®) designation is 75.7 percent for students who enrolled between 2006 and 2012.
- Outcomes data for The College’s PhD program are not yet available.
GENERAL COLLEGE INFORMATION
- As of February 29, 2016, The College had 144,611 current designation holders and 2,925 current master’s degree holders.
- Over the past 5 years, 29.6 percent of designations and 24.5 percent of graduate degrees were awarded to women.
- 30,079 students were enrolled at The American College in 2015.
- Nearly 100 percent of The College’s students are employed in the financial services industry at the time they enroll.
*Designation program completion rates are calculated annually based on a 5-year period from the year of enrollment. Graduate degree completion rates are calculated based on a 7-year period from the year of enrollment. The American College reserves the right to revise the data shown whenever new data are generated.