Information Collected by The College
- In connection with your use of the Site, you may request a user account (a “User Account”) to be created for you. You will be asked to provide certain information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, employer company name and code, and information about the particular course of study for which you are receiving information. This information is used to create your User Account within the Site.
- While you use the Site, The College may collect information from you or about you, including:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms within the Site. This includes information provided at the time of requesting a User Account, requesting further services/ information, or enrolling in a course of study or degree program. We also may ask you for information if you report a problem with the Site;
- Records and copies of your correspondence through the Site with us;
- Information about your use of the Site, which is collected automatically as you navigate through the Site.
- In the manners described above, we collect several types of information from or about you:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer name, and any other information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- Information that relates to you or your business activities but that does not identify you as an individual, such as information about your employer company; and
- Information about the equipment you use to access our Site, such as your operating system and version, computer, IP address and usage details, and information about how you use the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment and your actions and patterns on the Site (“User Activity Information”), including (i) details of your use, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use and (ii) information about your computer, including your operating system, IP address, and other data.
The User Activity Information that we collect automatically helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our usage patterns, display information you request in your relevant time zone as appropriate, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
[We do not use automatic data collection technologies to engage in behavioral tracking. As a result, the Site does not respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide, enhance, improve and develop our Site and our services, including measuring and improving the Site’s content and layout;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To provide notices to you about your User Account with The College;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts related to the Site and entered into between you and and us;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services that we offer;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information;
- To support maintenance operations for the Site or for the purpose of diagnosing/resolving any problems that might limit/disrupt the quality of users’ experience;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Your Information to Communicate with You
We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about the Site or your User Account, including by e-mail, text messages, and other forms of communication. In certain cases, you may be able to opt out of receiving such communications.
We may use your Personal Information to respond to communications from you, including to respond to your requests for information or updates related to the Site and information provided through the Site. We also may send you administrative communications relating to your User Account, such as communications for the purpose of account recovery or resetting a password. These communications are considered part of your User Account, and you may not be able to opt-out from receiving such communications. We will never e-mail you to ask for your password or other User Account information. If you receive such an e-mail, do not reply with your User Account information, and please contact us by following this link.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information that we collect from or about you to fulfill the purpose for which you provided such information, including but not limited to Personal Information:
- To our affiliates;
- To third parties, such as contractors, service providers, consultants and other agents (“Service Providers”) that provide assistance to our business and the operation and maintenance of the Site. Service Providers with whom we share such information generally are bound by confidentiality obligations, and, unless we tell you differently, our Service Providers do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond the scope and duration of what is necessary to assist us;
- To a buyer or other successor of The College or any of our affiliates in the event of an acquisition, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The College’s or any of our affiliates’ equity or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which Personal Information relating to users of the Site which is held by The College is among the assets transferred;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For any purpose with your consent. For example, we may share your information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information. If you ask us to release information that we have about your Account, we will do so if it is reasonable and not unduly burdensome.
We may create aggregate information about our users and their use of the Site, which information does not identify any particular user. We use this aggregated information to monitor and improve our products. We also may disclose this anonymized, aggregated information to people and entities with whom we do business and to market our products and services.
Credit Card Information
User Account Information
You may edit certain information, including your name and the password associated with your User Account, at any time by logging into the Site and visiting your User Account settings. If you wish to edit any other information associated with your User Account, or delete your User Account, please contact us by following this link.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Site, including, for example, a name, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Further, your Account may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are under 13 years of age. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us here.
Information provided through the creation of your User Account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is important that you prevent unauthorized access to your User Account and information by using a unique, secure, and protected password and limiting access to your password and your device. You should not share your password with any third party, or allow any third party to access the Site using your password.
Unfortunately, information transmitted through the internet or other communication networks may not be completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Although we work hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information or that your Personal Information or private communications always will remain private. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained within the Site.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits certain users of our Site to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a customer within the meaning of Section 1798.83 (i.e. an individual person who is a California resident and who provided personal information to us and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes), you may have the right to make such a request. To make a request, please contact us here or write us at: 270 S. Bryn Mawr Ave., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010.
Questions & Concerns
Last updated 11/28/2016