Effective Friday July 2nd through September 3rd, The College will close on Fridays at 12 PM Eastern Time. Our hours of operation will be Monday – Thursday 8 AM to 6 PM EST and Friday 8 AM to 12 PM EST.

Transfer of Credit

Transfer of Credit

Transferring credit at The College.

CFP® Certification, ChFC®, CLU®, and CLF® Programs

The credit transfer policy for Huebner School courses permits a student who completed comparable courses at a domestically accredited college or university, or in The American College's Irwin Graduate School, to apply for transfers of credit into certain Huebner School programs, provided the courses were completed within seven years prior to the application date, and the student earned a grade of "C" or better in each course. In addition, students who recently earned any one or more of the pre-approved professional designations below are eligible to apply for transfer of credit.  Students may transfer courses into the ChFC®, CLU®, and CFP® Certification programs. The RICP® and ChSNC® programs are ineligible for transfers of credit.

Students who complete selected Irwin Graduate School courses may apply for transfer of credit into Huebner School programs.


If student completed:

They may obtain transfer credit for:

GS 811

HS 328

GS 815

HS 330

GS 817

HS 321

GS 842

HS 342

GS 930 + GS 960*

HS 382 + HS 384**


HS 384**

* If you have completed GS 930 and GS 960, you can receive a reverse transfer of credit for HS 382 and HS 384.

** If you have earned the MBA degree within the past seven years of applying for a transfer of credit, you can receive a transfer of credit for HS 384.


Transfer of Credit Application Downloads

Transfer of credit application

Transfer of credit applications are available to students with these credentials: 


Graduate Programs

MSFP Program

A maximum of six (6) credits toward the MSFP degree may be transferred from other accredited colleges or universities. The credits must be at the graduate level with courses similar in content to those of The American College of Financial Services; they must have been earned within seven years of the date of admission to the MSFP degree program; and the student must have earned a grade of B or better in each course.

A request for credit transfer must be submitted in writing to the Dean of the Graduate School and should include a description of the course for which transfer is being sought and the name of the college or university where the credits were earned. The student must also have that college or university forward an official transcript to the Registrar's Office at The American College of Financial Services. Transferred credits apply to distance courses only.

MSM Program

A maximum of six (6) graduate credit hours (the equivalent of two 3-credit courses) may be transferred into the MSM in Leadership program. Determination of the credit transfer will be made on a case-by-case basis by the Dean of the Graduate School.

Transfer of Credit Agreements

The College has transfer of credit agreements with the following partners:

Banker's Life

Creighton University

Missouri State University

Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC)