cb3 tertiary banner

Transfer of Credit Policy

Credit transfers in comparable courses from domestic, accredited colleges/universities or The College's Irwin Graduate School are permitted for certain programs.

Guidelines to Transfer Credit

Students who completed courses within the seven-year period prior to their application date, while earning a grade of "C" or better in each course, are eligible for transfers for Huebner School programs. Irwin Graduate School transfers of credit courses require a minimum grade of “B” in each course. In addition, students who recently earned any one or more of the pre-approved listed professional designations are eligible to apply for transfer of credit. See the list below.

For ChFC®, CLU®, and CFP® Certification Education Programs

Students may transfer courses into the ChFC®, CLU®, and CFP® Certification Education programs.

For RICP® and ChSNC® Programs

The RICP® and ChSNC® programs are not eligible for student credit transfers.

For CFP® Certification Education Program Transfers of Credit and Exam Eligibility

Please note that The College can only report program completers who have transfers of credit from CFP® Board-approved providers for exam eligibility purposes. 

Use the button below to determine if your prior education is from a CFP® Board-approved provider.

View Approved Providers 

Upon registering for the exam, students who have transfers from institutions not listed below must verify their education by self-reporting to the CFP® Board using their unofficial transcripts.

Transfer of Credit Applications

A transfer of credit application is available to students with these credentials and certifications. Please use the forms available in the portal

  • AAMS
  • ALHC
  • AIRC
  • APA
  • CEBS
  • CFA
  • CPA
  • CPC or QPA
  • CRPC
  • FALU
  • FLMI
  • FSA

Please contact the appropriate program director for more information about what courses are applicable for transfer of credit.

Waiver of Non-Credit Courses

Regarding the Financial Services Certified Professional (FSCP®) designation, the general rule for all waiver of non-credit courses is that students may receive a maximum of two (2) electives, either internal or external, toward the FSCP® designation.

Graduate Programs

Select the Master of Science in Financial Planning program.

MSFP Program

A maximum of nine (9) credits toward the MSFP degree may be transferred from other accredited colleges or universities.

Credits must be at the graduate level with courses similar in content to those of The College. Credits must have been earned within seven years of the date of admission to the MSFP degree program, and the student must have earned a grade of "B" or better in each course.

A request for credit transfer must be submitted in writing to the Registrar with MSFP Program Director approval and should include:

  • A description of the course to transfer for credit and the name of the college or university where the credits were earned.
  • The student must also have that college or university forward an official transcript to the Registrar's Office at The College.
    • Students who earned a master's degree can transfer up to 9 graduate credits.
    • Students who did not have a master's degree can transfer up to 6 graduate credits.

Transfer of Credit Agreements

The College has transfer of credit agreements with the following partners:

Banker's Life

Creighton University

Missouri State University

Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC)

IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis)*

First Command Educational Foundation    

*For IUPUI students who transfer CAP® into a master’s program.